Dr. Samir Aboul-Hosn
Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery
Specialist in Maxillo-facial Surgery, Dr. Samir Aboul-Hosn obtained a Doctor’s degree of Medicine with “Excellent Cum Laude ” for his work on “The 3D technology applied to the Orthognathic Surgery” at the International University of Catalonia. Nowadays he is the Scientific Director of Vulkan Implants and Chief of Maxillo-facial Surgery Service at…
…Plató Hospital of Barcelona. In addition, he works as Associated Professor at the International University of Catalonia, where he manage several projects of scientific research.
A special mention of his curriculum is the European Board of Oro-Maxillo-Facial Surgery diploma (EBOMFS) as recognition of his specialist’s degree at European level, as well as the publication of various scientific articles in national and international magazines.
His academic training has always been combined with stages in reference centers of North America (Miami and New York) and Europe (Bruges, Barcelona, Liège, Timisoara) running his career towards facial cosmetic surgery, orthognathic surgery (or dento-skeletal deformities) and the oral implantology.
Dr. Samir has been an invited speaker in national and international scientific events, he is member of several scientific societies (Spanish Society and European Society of Maxillo-facial Surgery) and collaborates with ONG’s offering medical help to third world countries.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery. Rovira i Virgili University of Tarragona.
- Specialist in Maxillo-facial Surgery (MIR). Bellvitge’s Hospital of Barcelona.
- Doctor of medicine (PhD). International University of Catalonia.
- uropean Board of Oro-Maxillo-Facial Surgery (EBOMFS).
Dr. Manuel Piñera
Implantology and prosthetic restorations
Dr. Manuel Piñera possesses vast proven experience in implantology and prosthetic restorations.. His meritorious professional career is distinguished for his dedication to the teaching and research in several universities such as UB and UIC over more than 20 years. At the same time, he has practiced private medicine as oral surgeon,…
…becoming a professional of reference.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery. University of Barcelona. Faculty of Medicine. 1982.
- Medical Specialist in Stomatology. University of Barcelona. Stomatology School. 1985.
- Master in Oral Surgery. University of Barcelona. Faculty of Dentistry. 1993.
- Coordinator of the Department of Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgical Pathology. International University of Catalonia.
- Professor at the Master of Oral Implant Dentistry. International University of Catalonia. Department of Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgical Pathology. Academic years: From 2012 up to now.
- Professor at the Master of Oral Surgery and Implant Dentistry. University of Barcelona. Department of Morphologic Sciences and Dentistry-Stomatology. Faculty of Dentistry. Academic years: From 1993 to 2011.
- Associate Professor of Adults’ Integrated Dentistry. University of Barcelona. Faculty of Dentistry. Academic years: From 1993 to 1996.
- Associate Professor of Oral Surgical Pathology II. University of Barcelona. Faculty of Dentistry. Academic years: From 1996 to 2007.
Dr. Octavi Ortiz Puigpelat
Implantology and prosthetic restorations
Dr. Octavi Ortiz, expert in Implant Dentistry and dental prosthesis, is a modern professional who practices in prestigious private clinics of Barcelona. Author of several publications and speeches at the national and international level, his work extends to the academic field where he is an Associate Professor of the International Master of Oral Surgery (UIC).
- Degree in Dentistry. International University of Catalonia. 2005.
- Master in Implant Dentistry and Prosthetics. New York University. 2007.
- Doctor in Dentistry. International University of Catalonia. 2016.
- Associate Professor of the International Master of Oral Surgery. International University of Catalonia. Department of Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery. Since 2007.
- President of the New York University Spanish Study Club. Since 2009.
- Private practice at the three centers of Ortiz-Puigpelat Clinic, Minimally Invasive Implant Dentistry Center.
Dr. Pablo García Muñoz
Oral Surgery, implantology and prosthetic restorations
Dr. Pablo García Muñoz graduated at Alfonso X el Sabio University (Madrid), where he specialized in oral implantology and implant-supported prostheses, complementing this master’s degree with other postgraduate courses in oral surgery, conventional implantology, zygomatic implants and periodontics.
Dr. García collaborated as a specialist and teacher at the same university. He moved to Tenerife where he currently develops his activity as a specialist in oral surgery and implantology in private clinics.
He has also collaborated with some of the companies in the sector in the area of training and design, teaching courses in implantology and dental photography.
- Clinical medical director Herradores (Tenerife).
- President (CEO) of ELCEO, center of dental specialties (Madrid).
- Degree in Dentistry (UAX).
- Official master in oral implantology and implant-supported prostheses (UAX).
- Master in methodology research.
- Expert in oral surgery and prostheses on implants (CEOSA).
- Clinical course of zygomatic implants (Dr. Juan Alberto Fernández Ruíz).
- Professor of the integrated clinic at the University Alfonso X el Sabio (2012).
- Specialist in Surgery, Implantology and periodontics, Professional Clinic Alfonso X el Sabio University (2012).
- Holder of courses in implantology, oral surgery and dental photography.
- Collaborator and teacher of dental Biolife.
- Collaborator, teacher and designer at Vulkan Implants.
- Collaborator in Oral surgery tube.
- Communications and scientific publications in various conferences, symposia and journals of national and international scope.
- 1st prize in the IV international congress of tissue regeneration of Osteógenos (Madrid).
- 2nd prize in the 1st international congress of implantology and prosthesis Ripano (Madrid).
- Exclusive dedication in periodontics, implantology and oral surgery.
- Dental microscope and microsurgery workshop (Madrid).
- Director of dental radiodiagnosis facilities.
- Basic Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course.
- Member of SECIB.
- Various courses in Periodontics, Surgery and Implantology.
- Theory of oral rehabilitation course, Rogerio Marcondes (Madrid).
- Course of Cementation vs Adhesion, Rogerio Marcondes (Madrid).
- Stratification course with composites carried out by Cremades and Giovane (Madrid).
Dr. Jose Ignacio Vilches
Implantology and prosthetic restorations
Dr. Jose Ignacio Vilches graduated and received his doctorate in dentistry in the University of Seville, where he also completed the Master of Oral Surgery (teaching shared in the H.U. Virgen del Rocío).Dr. Vilches maintained a clinical teaching collaboration on the subject of Oral Surgery and various postgraduate courses.
He is currently a professor in the Diploma de Formación Continuada in Oral Anatomy in Implantology and Implant Prosthesis (University of Sevilla).
Dr. Vilches also belongs to a research group at the University of Cádiz (with excellence category) dedicated to the development and research of pathobiology and biomaterials, which has led to publications and several patents.
He also runs a private clinic in Cádiz specialized in Oral Surgery, Implantology and Implantoprótesis.
- Degree in Dentistry (U. Sevilla) 1997-2002
- Doctor in Dentistry (Qualification Cum Laude for Unanimity) (U. Sevilla) 2008.
- Master in Oral Surgery (U. Sevilla) 2003-2006.
- Master invisible orthodontics “Invisalign System”. (Avilés and Román Training) 2015.
- Associate professor / honorary assistant of the Department of Stomatology, Faculty of Dentistry, U. of Seville (2002-2014).
- Professor in the Diploma of Continuing Education of Oral Anatomy Applied to Implantology and Implantoprosthesis (2006- present)
- Postgraduate Professor in the Master of Oral Surgery and University Expert of Oral Surgery and Implantology 2006-2013.
- Corresponding Academician of the Royal Academy of Medicine and Surgery of Cádiz.
- National Research Awards “Illustrious Official College of Dentists of Cádiz” and “Cádiz” 2006.
- National Research Prize “Diputación de Cádiz” 2008.
- Membership in the CTS253 Patobiology research group (certificate of excellence).
- Excellence Prize CSIC. Development of Guided Bone Regeneration Membranes modified at the Nanometric scale (OSTEONEM) CTS-5189. 2009-2012
- Active member of SECIB, SEPES, SCOI, SES.
- Fellowship ICOI (2014)
- Author of several international publications, chapters of books and lectures to congresses.
- Co-author in several patents in the field of biomaterials. Private practice of Dentistry with special attention to implantology and implant prosthesis.